Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: changing my cycle

 babygirl#1 - Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:31 pm

My husband and I are trying to have a baby. For reasons too long to list I am wondering how to change my cycle therefore changing my ovulation date. Is there any safe way to so this?
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:29 pm

User avatar Hello,

There are hormonal treatments that are prescribed by specialists to regulate cycles in women who have menstrual cycle irregularities.

It is always inadvisable to use hormonal treatment while not needed. I see no indication in your case for prescribing such type of treatment, under any condition you better consult a specialist and give him a full history for proper advise.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us