Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: my last period was june 05

vero2angel - Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:30 am

Hello
Ihave a problem that i need help to understand, i am 25 and my las period was june 02 of 2005 and it lasted for 1 month. Now it's
Jan 03 2006 and havent had one it hasn't been the first time but it is the first to be this long. when i was 15 i had problems with periods that lasted 1 month + and would be 2 to 3 months before i had another cycle. I was put on birth control to regular my periods for 2+ years and everything was good. While on birth control i got pregnant and had my son. i was 4 months when i went to see if i was pregnant took a strip test at the doctors came out in between yes and no. they tried one more time with the strip came back the same. they finally took blood and bamm they told me i was pregnant. after the pregnancy periods were normal for 2 years stopped taking birth control cause i have no insurance. my big problem is why is it that this time it 6 1/2 months and still no period. i've spotted here and their and right now i am spotting but nothing normal. yes i am about 60 pounds overweight, i want to have another child and at my last pap test doctor told me it would be very hard for me to get pregnant due to me not being fertile due to me not having my periods regular. my son is now 6 years old and he also wants a brother or sister please help, is there something i can do, i am working out to lose the weight,but is there cheaper way for me to affrod birth control
PLEAE|SE HELP :cry:
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:05 am

User avatar Look up your local Family Planning clinic. They will provide free or low cost gynecological exams and birth control to the uninsured/ low income.

You do need to be seen by a doctor to determine the cause of this, and they will probably give you a medication to start your period, then it would be a good idea to get on a birth control to regulate your periods so you can plan on concieving.

It is good you have been working out to lose weight, as extra weight can cause complications during pregnancy.
By the time you have regulated your periods for a few months, and have lost a few pounds, you will be ready for a healthy pregnancy.

Good luck!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us