Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: I have a problem. Help.

 Lunz - Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:55 am

Hi, I just recently turned 21 years old a few weeks ago. I'm starting to get really concerned about my growth development. I've felt this way since about the age of 16 but i thought it would change. I look extrememly young and a few times my voice has been passed off as a female. Not one day that passes by i get the phrase "Be glad you look young, when your 40 you'll look like your 25!" YEAH, OK BUDDY. Its getting bothersome. I'm scared to even get involved with girls because of my penis size and just overall embarassment of looking 15 at the age of 21. I have a decent amount of pubic hair around my genitals and under my arms but zero on my face. I cannot ejaculate however i do masturbate daily (since the age of 12.) Ive read some other forums about seeking a doctor but im almost too afraid to seek help in just utter embarassment and disgust with my body. At times i feel suicidal because of it. Is it too late? Help.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:19 am

User avatar Dear Lunz,

Have you seen a Urologist? I would start there with the anorgasmia problem and see what he thinks.

They may be able to give you Human Growth Hormones to increase your size. You might want to talk to an Endocrinologist about your male hormone levels.

A general physician would be able to order blood work that would measure your male/female hormone levels. And maybe just give you a pill to fix everything!
 Lunz - Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:29 am

Thanks for the reply. No, i haven't seen any doctors yet, but im definitely considering. I'm tired of how i look holding me back in almost everything i do. I know i shouldn't even let it bother me but its not an easy thing to shrug off. Everyone wants love in a sexual way and i feel like im missing out on it. I think i should make an appointment this week if only i could muster the courage. Thanks for the suggestions i will definitely relay them to the doctor if i ever do it.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:10 am

User avatar The Urologist will be very professional with you and considerate of your shyness. Think about it, "that" is what he sees on his patients. I hope you find one you can share your fears with.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us