Question: Condom Problems

thegreen - Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:49 pm

Lately when trying to have sex with my girlfriend we want to use condoms. Sometimes ahen I go to grab it by the time I get it on it's not hard enough and sometimes the condom breaks more than it should or doesn't stay on as well as it should. Usually I pull it out to see if it's ok and it's broken or falling off. We want to use condoms but are afriad that they will break on us. Is there something we can do to prevent this?
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:40 am

User avatar Make sure you are using the right size condom.If the penis is to large or small for the condom, it will not stay on.
When you areready for sex, have yoru girlfriend manually or orally stimulate your penis while getting the condom ready so the penis stays erect. Having her put it on also may help it to stay erect. Make sure there is enough lubrication, think about using a lubricated condom or KY jelly. To much friction from to little lube can cause the condom to come off.
As soon as you ejaculate, remove the condom. Make sure you grab your penis at the base, holding onto the condom as you pull out. You can squeeze the tip of the condom to make sure there were no leaks, if you see a leak, you can get PLAN B, which need to be taken within 72 hours of intercourse, and it will protect against pregnancy.

Look for spermicidal lubricated condoms, which will kill any sperm if you happen to have a break.

Think about using a second back up method such as birth control pills.