Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Just after urinate, a white liquid comes outside from penis

 aoneamit - Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:28 am

when i urinate,a white liquid comes outside from penis with urine & happens sometimes.i masterbate once daily & sometimes i masterbate 2 times in a day.i have been masterbating since 5 years.Is there any problem with me?to which type of doctor should i consult?please tell me .i am very afraid.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:51 pm

User avatar Hello,

Do you mean white as in transparent or as opaque white? If it is transparent then this could be prostatic secretions after straining. If this is an opaque white discharge then it could be a sexually transmitted disease.

Common causes of penile discharge are 1. Gonococcal urethritis and 2. non-gonococcal or non-specific urethritis (NSU).

Non-gonococcal urethritis can be cause by a number of organisms including, Chlamydia trachomatis (25-60 per cent), Mycoplasma genitalium (up to 25 per cent), Ureaplasma urealyticum (15-25 per cent), Trichomonas vaginalis (17 per cent) and Herpes simplex (rarely).

Some cases of non-gonococcal urethritis are reported not to be caused by sexual transmission but this is very rare.

More commonly, this is a sexually transmitted disease. In such a case you should be examined in a sexually transmitted disease clinic (STD clinic). Otherwise you should seek help of a genito-urinary specialist or an andrologist, if one is available in your area.

Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us