Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Pain and tenderness after intercourse

dawn11 - Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:16 pm

I am a 27 year old female with pain after sexual intercourse. Upon urinating after intercourse I feel small tears which burn upon urinaiton and my vagina feels bruised and painful to the touch for approximatley 8-12 hours after intercourse (making it impossible to have sex more than once a day). I have been married approximately 4 months, and the pain has yet to subside after intercourse. I have never felt this pain following intercourse with previous partners.
 lemonshimmers - Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:47 pm

This sounds to me that you are either not properly lubricating or you have some kind of bacterial infection, go see your OB/GYN!!! have them test you. Something is definately off here...! The vagina is designed for painless intercourse so if you ever have pain its your body indicating a problem that must be fixed.

Be careful to get this checked ASAP it could be an STD as simple as Chlamydia (bacterial infection) or as far as HPV( herpes)=> which lies dormit for years and comes out when the vaginal are or body in general is under stress.

Good luck

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us