Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: penile bruising?

misterscruffee - Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:13 pm

yesterday my wife and i were having a little experimental sex. she was lying on her back with her legs together and i was above her pushing down. at a certain point it felt like my penile skin was stretched and.. well.. popped i guess would be the closest word. it hurt a little, but passed almost immediately and i haven't been feeling any pain since. afterewards it did feel as though there was a small swelling, maybe the size of a kidney bean just under the glans. today i developed some pretty nasty bruising of my penis under the glans on the bottom side. and whoa it's actually crept down my shaft a bit since this morning.

i know this is a common question with which to end a post, but should i be worried?
 misterscruffee - Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:16 pm

also. no difficulty in maintaining an erection, though i've been trying to avoid it.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:20 am

User avatar Hi misterscruffee,
Bruising of the penis may occur from excessive friction or rough sexual activity since this is a vascular area. Providing there are no difficulties attaining an erection, no discharge or discoloration of the semen, and no pain, the discoloration should subside.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us