Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: penile bruising?

misterscruffee - Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:13 pm

yesterday my wife and i were having a little experimental sex. she was lying on her back with her legs together and i was above her pushing down. at a certain point it felt like my penile skin was stretched and.. well.. popped i guess would be the closest word. it hurt a little, but passed almost immediately and i haven't been feeling any pain since. afterewards it did feel as though there was a small swelling, maybe the size of a kidney bean just under the glans. today i developed some pretty nasty bruising of my penis under the glans on the bottom side. and whoa it's actually crept down my shaft a bit since this morning.

i know this is a common question with which to end a post, but should i be worried?
 misterscruffee - Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:16 pm

also. no difficulty in maintaining an erection, though i've been trying to avoid it.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:20 am

User avatar Hi misterscruffee,
Bruising of the penis may occur from excessive friction or rough sexual activity since this is a vascular area. Providing there are no difficulties attaining an erection, no discharge or discoloration of the semen, and no pain, the discoloration should subside.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us