Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Penile skin "tears"

 rcntx - Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:56 am

My 38 y/o uncircumcised bf is presenting with penile tears circumferially. There is no d/c, bumps, lesions, itching...nothing other than the tears and pain when retracting the skin. He has had this happen before; he is considering a curcumcision but I think that drastic as it has only occured a few times before. He is very hygiene conscious and ensures cleaniliness. I can provide a pic if it will help with a dx.
 rcntx - Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:24 am

here is a link for a picture: ... DBoPA1RUnZ

Thanks in advance!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us