Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Testicles and lower abdominal pain

 farmergarm - Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:34 pm

I have had a Vasectomy 8 yrs ago and last Sept. I started having pain in my right testical. It have moved to my lower abdomin and groin area, and both testicals now. The same pain as if I was hit in the testicles but not as bad but I feel it about 80% of the time, worst when i'm sitting down. Always the sicking feeling. I have also had center belt line pain come and go and low back as well. Have had cat scans and xrays, colonoscopy ,endoscopy and ulta sound of testicles too. All have come back normal. Have been to a regular physition, Urologist, and Gastrologist, all have no ideas at this time what it is. I am looking for some ideas of which way to go. I am a farmer so a lot of bounching in tractors and trucks. Thank You for your time!
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:43 am

User avatar Hello,

There are many possible causes of testicular pain, these include: trauma or surgery; torsion of the testicles; infections such as epididymitis or orchitis; varicocele and hydrocele; referred pain from a kidney stone; an inguinal hernia or pelvic congestion. Pain can also be referred to the testicles from conditions such as ureteric stones or spinal pathology.

If after you have excluded all the above causes you are still experiencing pain. The only thing left is a treatment of the symptoms and a watch and wait policy.

This means that you will need to go to your doctor for regular follow up and possibly repeat some of the investigations.

Best regads.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us