Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: big cut on my penis

damascus64 - Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:39 pm

I am 41 years old circumcized male. For many years now, during intercourse I regularly get cuts right below the glans on my shaft on the left side.
A few nights ago and after my wife and I have not had sex for a couple of weeks I got a major cut in the same spot, I have never had one this big before.
During the intercourse I felt the pain but I did not want to stop for her sake and because I was enjoying myself way too much.
Eventualy the pain became unbearable and I was forced to stop after she was satisfied. Please note that she was very wet during most of the intercourse.
I washed and dried it that night and thought it would be like any other cut I have had before.
In the morning however it was hurting more than ever, I examined it and discovered how big the wound was and it was scary.
Its been 4 days now and it is healing nicely.
Should I have had it stitched?
Is this a common problem in men?
What should I do to avoid this from happening, it has made sex very stressful for me and for my wife due to fear of those injuries.
I would appreciate some kind of help and advise. I am at a point where I am willing to have surgery if needs be, take medication or whatever I just want this problem permenantly fixed.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:47 pm

User avatar Hello,

Did you have it checked? Did you reach a diagnosis?

Best regards.
 damascus64 - Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:17 pm

Thank you for responding.
I live in a small town and I have limited access to Doctors.
I went to our local Doctor and he had me checked for VD through a blood test.
I showed negative to any sexualy transmited disease.
It has healed since and I got re-cut again.
I am not sure if this is an allergy to something because the skin seems to thin in that area then dries then cracks so when I go to have intercourse I end up getting cut. Even with a condom and alot of lube.
This is becoming very depressing.
Is there a chance this might be Candida?
Again I appreciate you looking and responding to my post Dr. Tamer.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us