Question: big cut on my penis

damascus64 - Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:39 pm

I am 41 years old circumcized male. For many years now, during intercourse I regularly get cuts right below the glans on my shaft on the left side.
A few nights ago and after my wife and I have not had sex for a couple of weeks I got a major cut in the same spot, I have never had one this big before.
During the intercourse I felt the pain but I did not want to stop for her sake and because I was enjoying myself way too much.
Eventualy the pain became unbearable and I was forced to stop after she was satisfied. Please note that she was very wet during most of the intercourse.
I washed and dried it that night and thought it would be like any other cut I have had before.
In the morning however it was hurting more than ever, I examined it and discovered how big the wound was and it was scary.
Its been 4 days now and it is healing nicely.
Should I have had it stitched?
Is this a common problem in men?
What should I do to avoid this from happening, it has made sex very stressful for me and for my wife due to fear of those injuries.
I would appreciate some kind of help and advise. I am at a point where I am willing to have surgery if needs be, take medication or whatever I just want this problem permenantly fixed.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:47 pm

Did you have it checked? Did you reach a diagnosis?

damascus64 - Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:17 pm

Thank you for responding.
I live in a small town and I have limited access to Doctors.
I went to our local Doctor and he had me checked for VD through a blood test.
I showed negative to any sexualy transmited disease.
It has healed since and I got re-cut again.
I am not sure if this is an allergy to something because the skin seems to thin in that area then dries then cracks so when I go to have intercourse I end up getting cut. Even with a condom and alot of lube.
This is becoming very depressing.
Is there a chance this might be Candida?
Again I appreciate you looking and responding to my post Dr. Tamer.