Forum Name: Fertility

Question: please help me?? am i pregnant

Emma* - Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:38 pm

I didnt have sex and iam a virgin but me and my boyfriend were just grinding up againsed each other i had thin silky pants on but no underwear and he had thick track pants on and boxers. it was only for like 2 minutes max and i got my period a few days earlier usually they r very heavy but its a bit lighter this time and im kinda tired with sum headaches and i feel liek i have to urinate at all times but i don't have to i think im just being paranoid but i took a pregnancy test and it was negative but maybe i took it to early please hlp me please im so worried
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:41 am

User avatar Did your boyfriend ejaculate?
If your boyfriend had on track pants, and boxers, and you also had on pants, then the possibility of being pregnant is just about zero.The sperm would have to travel through 3 sets of clothing and into your vagina. It would not be able to make it that far. If he did not ejaculate, then there is no chance at all.
 Emma* - Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:51 pm

no; Iont think he ejaculated because there was nothing on my pants and my pants were of a dark color so im assuming it wood have dried and been hard or shown up in some way I was just concerned that possibly some pre-cum could have come in contact with me and ive been ahving these symptoms
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:09 pm

User avatar It is true that pre ejaculate can cause pregnancy, even without actual intercourse, but with all the clothes between the two of you, possibility of pregnancy is just to unlikely.The symptoms you are having could just be from the stress of worrying about pregnancy.
 Emma* - Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:25 pm

that's what I thought
thankyou

do you think I should still go to the clinic and get a test done?
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:58 am

User avatar Well, first you need to wait for your next period. If it comes, then no worries. If it is late, it is probably stress related, because if you worry you are pregnant, you tend to cause your period to be late, causing more worry.....

But, if you would like to ease your fears, if your period does not come when it is due, then go to a clinic and take a test, but I really feel you have nothign to worry about, and I am sure your period will come when it is due.
You are worried about pre ejaculate, which can cause pregnancy, but, in your case, the sperm would have to travel through 3 sets of clothing, find yoru vagina, swim up the vaginal canal, (in the off chance you were ovulationg at the time) find the egg and fertilize it. Since you had your period a few days eariler, it woudl be unlikely you were ovulating at the time anyway,.

You also mentioned that your period a few days eariler was lighter than usual. This would have nothing to due with being pregnant now, unless you had another sexual encounter the month prior.
Also, the symptoms you are worried about....typically a woman who is pregnant would not have symptoms so soon after becomming pregnant. You may have a bladder infection, which is causing the frequent urination.
 Emma* - Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:11 am

ohh so id have to wait for my next period next month to know? I couldnt just go now when its been 2 weeks since
because i was thinking that the bleeding i got because it was early and sumwhat lighter then usual could that be Implantation bleeding and not my period?
is that possible???
cuz the bleeding that was my "period" happend 3-4 days after I was at risk for pregnancy?
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:56 pm

User avatar I think I was confused. When you said you had your period a few days eariler, I thought you meant before this incident occured.

cuz the bleeding that was my "period" happend 3-4 days after I was at risk for pregnancy?[quote]

Typicially, implantation bleeding occurs around the time of when your next period is due. It would not occur 4 days after the sexual contact. Implantation bleeding is rare, most women do not experience it.

A pregnancy test will not show up positive until at the eariliest 5 days before your period is due, with a highly sensitive pregnancy test.
 Emma* - Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:04 am

oh well now that your clear about my period
does that make it seem more possibility that Im pregnant to you?
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:35 pm

User avatar No. It is still almost impossible that you are pregnant, and I feel you have nothing to be concerned about.
 Emma* - Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:00 pm

oh alright but say there was a chance like a very slight chance what I want to know is would it be to early to take a pregnancy test now and get an accurate result? because it was been 12 days since it happend?
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:57 am

User avatar you would have to wait until the first day of your missed period to get an accurate result.
 Emma* - Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:06 pm

so theres absolotly no way i can know now?
not even a test at the clinic
im stating to feel extreme nausea to the point that i don't eat anything all day
i don't kno if its from the dtress
or from me being pregnant
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:41 pm

User avatar It is probably from the stress. You wouldnt experience pregnancy symptoms yet. You should try not to worry so much about this, because you may delay your period, and that would cause you to worry even more.
Tell me the dates of the period before you had this encounter with yoru boyfriend, and I will see if it was even a fertile time for you.
You can take a home pregnancy test if you want, but it would not be accurate if it is to soon.

I really suggest you try not to worry, and wait for your period to come, because I am sure it will. The probability of you getting pregnant this way is next to zero.

I also suggest that even though your not sexually active, since you are worrying about pregnancy, you make an appintment to see about some birth control, just to ease your mind from worrying about this in the future, even if you do not plan on having sex.
 Emma* - Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:45 pm

my period has always been irregular its always a bit late or a bit early but in december I got my period around the
21 or 22 and in january this month i got it
on the 16th
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:13 pm

User avatar what day did you and your boyfriend do this?
 Emma* - Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:19 am

we did it on the 12th of january
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:47 am

User avatar The good news - you probably weren't fertile during that time anyway. Based on an average cycle, you wouldn't ovulate until later on in the month.

Its not a gaurantee of course, but hopefully this information will help lower your worry a little until your period comes.

Think about this. During normal sex, with intercourse, and a man ejaculated into the woman, he releases millions of sperm. Only one single sperm makes it into the egg,. Most die on the way there, it is a long swim.
In your case, there wasnt even a full ejaculation(assuming he even did have a little pre ejaculate), so that is even less amount of sperm. The sperm had to make it through 3 different layers of clothing, find your vagina, make it all the way up and find a fertilized egg.......it would be a miracle if even one sperm could make it that far. Most likely they would all die on the way. It would even be a remote chance the sperm could survive through all the clothing, let alone find and enter your vagina.

Your worry is going to cause yrou period to be late, which will cause more worry, and every twinge you feel in your stomache, every time you urinate, every headache...all normal feelings you will believe to be a pregnancy sign. Most women do not even have any symptoms yet.
Assume you did get pregnant, you would only be 1 week pregnant according to the date of your last period. Implantation dosen't occur until the third week of pregnancy. usually around the time your next period is due.

Hopefully, this information will ease your mind a little. The chance of pregnancy for you is soo tiny i have been searching for an exact stastic, but I cannot even find one.

Please try not to worry so much, your period will come, I am confident everything will be fine.
 Emma* - Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:20 pm

yes it has eased my mind quite a bit because the more I think about it the more I realize how highly unlikely it is in my case. I just became concerned when I was researching it and I read that if the pre-cum gets through your clothes you can become pregnant. And I'm pretty sure that there was a high chance it went through my clothes. But even if it did go through my clothes its pretty rare for me to be pregnant right?
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:22 pm

User avatar How can you be pretty sure it went through your clothes when you don't even know if there was any pre ejaculate present or not?
Yes, pregnancy can occur with pre ejaculte, and yes, it can travel through clothes. Possbile pregnancy would occur if only the guy had on boxers, girl naked, and his penis was near or slightly inside her vagina through the boxers. In your case, there was 3 layers of clothing.
But to answer your question, if he did have pre ejaculate, and it did happen to travel all through the clothing, it still had to make its way into your vagina and find an egg. And you were probably not even ovulating at the time. At which pregnancy could not occur even if you had sex and he ejaculated inside you.
No, your still probably safe. No worries.
 Emma* - Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:31 pm

because I noticed the other day that just from kissing he had pre-ejaculate therefor he must have it it during the other sutff as well
common sence
 Emma* - Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:25 pm

isnt this sight supposed to be here in order to help people I love how after a certain time these idiots get tired of replying to they just stop. That's not very professional i must say. You know most of the people writing here are going through a crisis and write because its the only way they can get an answer just ignoring doesnt help fuk all
 Emma* - Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:28 pm

half this advice you give is all bullshi*t anyways actual medical facts state otherwize

go f*ck yourselves
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:48 am

User avatar I apologize for not responding quickly. I haven't been able to get to the computer much this weekend.

I am not sure what more I can offer you.

Yes, it is possible to become pregnant from pre ejaculation, however the risk is small, and with layers of clothing the risk goes down even further, and since the time of ovulation doesn't corespond with the time of the sexual contact, the risk further goes down, however it is still possible.
The best thing to do is wait until your period is due, and if it does not come, take a pregnancy test.
There are early pregnancy tests that can be taken up to 5 days before a missed period, but they may give you a false negative.
Blood tests at the doctors office are more accurate for early testing, but the most accurate way to test is after a missed period.
Unfortunatly, the best thing for you to do is wait it out until your period is due.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me, but please understand I am not always able to answer the same day.

Emma* - Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:15 pm

ok well I went to the doctor and asked her if it was to early to get an accurate test and she told me no. They use high quality lab quipment that can detect very early and they just tell people to wait for a mis-period so they don't waste tests. She also told me that because I got my period 4 days after the activity that theres no way im pregnant cuz even if the sperm lived there wood be no egg for them to go to cuz i had my period but its weird becuse i still have these symptoms
weird?
 hawaiian07 - Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:17 pm

im about 3 weeks pregnant i took a test and it came out positive,though all of a sudden i woke up this morning and started bleeding.The color of the blood was really dark and now im getting cramps.It is close to my date were im supposed to get my period and i've had a misscarriage before,but im not sure if this is signs of another miscarriage or something eles please help me.
 Shy08 - Sat May 30, 2009 4:12 pm

I had unprotected sex he didnt go in me and i got the plan b pill an hour and a half later took it like I was supposed It happened on a saturday i was suppose to start the next day but i was late and started that friday and now this is suppose to be my 2nd period but so far Im two days late is this normal bc i havent done anything since i took the pill and i figured since it made me late that it worked HElp
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:54 pm

The period irregularity is likely the result of the strong hormones you used with plan B. If you are worried, take a pregnancy test. These are usually reliable a couple of weeks after conception should pregnancy have occurred (the time of the sexual activity in question). It can take a few months for your periods to get back to "normal" following this procedure (plan B) so don't be surprised if you continue to have irregularity for a while.

Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:09 am

User avatar To Hawaiian 07,
It is possible to bleed when pregnant. Implantation bleeding often occurs around the time you would have expected your period had you not been pregnant. However, miscarriage rate is quite high in the early weeks of pregnancy so certainly this could happen. I'm afraid at this point it's a matter of wait and see.

worriedshay92 - Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:54 pm

hey I stopped taking birth control pills July 1st I started my period the next day and stopped on the 6th of July I skipped my period for the month of august during all this time me and my bf were having unprotected sex i finally started my period on the 3rd of september right after having unprotected sex is there a possibility im pregnant???
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:25 pm

It is very unlikely you would be pregnant. The start of your period is usually an indication that you are NOT pregnant. Having missed one period, but getting it the next month would not indicate pregnancy now. There are some cases where women have periods - usually not a "normal" period - even though they are pregnant but this is the exception rather than the rule. If you are not ready for parenthood, I would suggest finding a method of birth control you can both live with.

worriedshay92 - Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:54 pm

I stopped taking birth control pills July 1st I started my period the next day and stopped on the 6th of July I skipped my period for the month of august during all this time me and my bf were having unprotected sex i finally started my period on the 3rd of september right after having unprotected sex is there a possibility im pregnant???
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:16 pm

User avatar Worriedshay,
I'm not sure how the reply posted before your question. Please note above.
 *erica - Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:12 pm

Okay so here's my situation. My and my boyfriend were about to have sex, he did not have a condom on. He only put the tip in then he pulled out because he decided that this wasnt safe. This occured on October 15th. I got my period (on time) on October 24th. Since then my stomach has been churning and i have had chest pain. My friends said it was just the stress from worrying so much. But i need professional advice. So ASAP can you inform on whether or not i could be pregnant or the possibility.
 alexbabie94 - Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:41 pm

ok well, i need help too :/
i really don't know about this website but i hope i get help. please.

so this is what happened exactly.
it was oct 31 2009. and it was the fourth day of when i was on my period.
i had sex with my boyfriend and the condom ripped.
i got really scared, and i remembered that maybe sometimes using the restroom can help out.
right away i went to pee right?
so i started trying to clean myself.
my period was pretty heavy that night.
i used the restroom the whole night.
my period kept going for about three more days after that.
but now im really scared.
ive asked around to see if its possible to become pregnant during my period.
please someone help me?
 alexbabie94 - Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:14 am

ok well, i need help too :/

so this is what happened exactly.
right away i went to pee right?
so i started trying to clean myself.
my period was pretty heavy that night.
i used the restroom the whole night.
but now im really scared.
please someone help me?
 kat19 - Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:50 pm

over the last few days my body hasnt quite been the same its been a week since i last had intercourse and i just seem to be feeling faint, tierd most of the day, headaches, i don't even consider the foods i used to eat and going toilet rather alot, i don't know if i am pregnant as i would have to wait another week but could it be something else?