Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Trying not to get my hopes up

krislild - Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:23 am

I am on a 29 day cycle my last period was on 6th (last cycle was 25 days I am irregular). I started noticing eggwhite mucus on the 15-21 (had sex on the 13,17,23) I believe I am on cycle day 20 yesterday I noticed a increased in temp and today as well last night I felt very bloated, have been thirsty, and crampy. any thoughts?
 krislild - Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:30 am

my hips are also hurting a lot today?? don't know if that has any relation or not. Thanks
 lemonshimmers - Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:07 pm

I am a nursing student. I am actually 2 months pregnant:) I think I have some advice for you. I know you must be anxious to know!! I know I was.

I too had somewhat irregular cycles so what I did is I took the average of the two months cycle length. If you were to do that for you would take 25 and 29 get 27 days being the length of this supposed cycle.

Then using an ovulation calculator online (which I used by the way with my pregnancy) you would get your most fertile time being from Monday, January 16 to Saturday, January 21.

Your period would be due Thursday February 2nd. Buy a 2 pack of HPT's I highly recommend First Response pregnancy test (I have found it to be the best, most sensitive) Take the first test thursday if its negative wait at least 2-4 days and take another. Remember a faint pink result line within the time limit, I believe its 10 minutes is a positive result.

Hold back testing too early. You will feel better trust me.

Good luck I hope this helps you:)

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us