Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: swollen itcy penis

Critdog2029 - Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:35 pm

28 years old Male, no past surgeries, no current medications. My penis is extremely itchy and swollen. The head is normal, but the shaft is really puffy and itchy. Nothing else seems abnormal. My legs also have a rash, bottom of my thigh. Related?
 MaryAnn N, RN - Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:21 am

User avatar Hi Crtidog2029,
It sure sounds very uncomfortable. The cause for the itching and swelling could be a few things. It could be something so simple as an allergy to soap you are using, I however, would have it checked out by a doctor who can actually see the affected areas. It would be best to get it treated before it gets worse. Try not to scratch this area in the mean time to alleviate the itching as that it will increase the inflamation and make it worse.

MaryAnnRN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us