Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: brown discharge and no period for 3 months

kt87 - Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:29 pm

Hello, im 18 years old i started having sex about 4 months ago and have only had one partner. I have recently noticed a brown vaginal discharge, and i don't know what is causing it. Also i have not had my period in three months. i took three pregnancy tests, all of which came out negative. i was wondering if you knew why this was happening!

also, why do i break out if shave my pubic hair? it usually breaks out when the hair starts to grow back and doesnt go away for a while. i was wondering if you knew what caused this and what i could do make it stop.
 MaryAnn N, RN - Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:47 am

User avatar Hi kt87,

A brown discharge is usually old blood rather than fresh bleeding. I take it this is a new problem and has not ever occured before. Absence of menses can have many different reasons besides being pregnant. Some beign, such as body weight or body fat to muscle ratio. Are you very thin, or are you athletic? There are some not so beign reasons as that probably a visit to the doctor would be an excellent idea to rule anything else out.

As far as breaking out with shaving out try shaving in the direction of hair growth, use a brand new razor each time, and try scrubbing the area with an antibacterial soap, prior to shaving. See if that helps.

MaryAnnRN