Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Sores on head of penis

dan18 - Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:19 am

Hey

Ever since about 3 years ago (before i was sexually active) i have had these redish dark sores on either side of my slit, i thought they would just go away but they havn't. Anyone got any tips or know of anything i could do to make them clear up.

Thanks. Daniel.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:16 pm

User avatar Hello,

Are these sores raised or are they flat? If they are flat and present as a small area of the skin with a different color, then they could be postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.

These are localized, macular, brown hyperpigmentation at site of a previous inflammation. They occur at any age and are a reaction to trauma (physical or chemical injury), skin irritation, or dermatoses. They maybe associated with an inflammation of skin because of underlying injury or condition at the initial time of occurance.

They are not dangerous. However, given the limitations of the internet as a diagnostic tool, you are advised to seek a direct clinical examination to reach the proper diagnosis.

Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us