Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Worried about infertility

jeryn - Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:42 pm

This question is a bit early, however, I am somewhat concerned about my fertility. I have not been on any birth control for about 7 years, and while I have not been actively trying to concieve, the withdrawl method is the only prevention that we have been using. I am well aware of pre-ejaculate and the possibility of getting pregnant, so that is why I am concerned. I would like to start trying to get pregnant soon and didn't know if my lack of an "oops" pregnancy was something to be worried about. As far as medical history, I have never had anything abnormal health wise and my family history is all very normal.
 baby crazi - Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:27 pm

jeryn wrote:This question is a bit early, however, I am somewhat concerned about my fertility. I have not been on any birth control for about 7 years, and while I have not been actively trying to concieve, the withdrawl method is the only prevention that we have been using. I am well aware of pre-ejaculate and the possibility of getting pregnant, so that is why I am concerned. I would like to start trying to get pregnant soon and didn't know if my lack of an "oops" pregnancy was something to be worried about. As far as medical history, I have never had anything abnormal health wise and my family history is all very normal.

Hi jeryn, i am not a doctor, however if you want to conceive soon, don't forget to take folic acid at least 1 month before trying.
I have a very similar story to yours, and have ben trying to conceive for over a year now and have had no luck.
I am healthy, young and fit and cannot understand what the problem is. i have not been checked out by a doctor as i have been hoping every month that i would conceive.
I am worried and stressed. The last week i have been crying alot, i cant get it of my mind i have also been snapping at my husband for no reason at all.
He tries to tell me not to stress and this makes me cry even more.
My advice to you is to start trying as soon as you know you are ready and don't hold off. you never know how long it might take you to conceive. I hope you don't have to go through what i have been,
 baby crazi - Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:06 am

I am 22years old and have been trying to conceive with my husband for over a year.
I am not on any medication and have not been since i can remember.
There has been no history of infertility in my family.
I have been taking Blackmores folic acid tablets.
My friend is getting married this year and has been talking about having a baby for the last coupke of weeks. She is excited, however it breaks my heart to think that she might conceive straight away while i have been trying for soo long.
I get very emotional on and off and get depressed when i get my period.
The last week i have been very emotional and depressed and have been snapping at me husband for no reason.
Its even worse when he asks me if im serious when i tell him i got my period.
A baby is something we both cannot wait to have.
I am very jealous when i hear of people conceiving without trying/accidental pregnancies.
To make it worse i work with baby furniture and see pregnant mums and new borns everyday.
It breaks my heart to see so many pregnant mums everyday, i look at them and wish that was me.
My husband and i have been keeping this a secret all this time and i really cant handle the pressure.
I really want to try Ovulex as it is a natural fertility aid for women, though my husband wants me to wait a little longer to see if we can conceive on our own. He doesnt think there is anything wrong with it taking this long to conceive. He thinks we can do it on our own without any help, but i cant help but wonder how long it would take if we didnt get any help.
I am worried that i will never have a baby, something that i want more than anything else in this world.
Any advice would be soo very much appreciated. I am desperate at the moment with no one to talk to. Please help me.
Thank you.