Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Sudden Sharp Pain in the back of the head with excitement

dj911 - Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:26 pm

Hey guys, ive been having some problems lately with headaches when i get excited or start getting "pumped". I'm 14 years old, and im pretty active. During my basketball game, i started yelling and i got a really bad pain in the back of my head. Then the next day during school i messed with my teachers board and had to run out of class and got another sharp pain. Also during a Halo 2 tournament i lost in a close tie to my friend and started to yell and jump around and i got the pain again. It also happens when i masturbate but it is ALOT more intense. It happens about in the middle of masturbation, before i cum and a few minutes after i start. Could i have really high blood pressure? or is it adrenalin related or something else? I'm kind of afraid to ask my parents or my doctor, so i opted to go here first to see if i was the only one with this problem. Please help!
 ellefun2 - Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:33 am

I am not a doctor but until one comes along, I would like to offer a suggestion that worked for me several years back when I had a similar problem. I was worried that I had something serious as I would get a sudden severe pain in my head, but it turned out that I only had a muscle spasm that was worsened when I did something that flared it like being active or having sex. I was told to use a hot water bottle to the back of my neck and to do neck stretching exercises and massage the back of my neck and scalp. After a few days of doing this several times a day, the pain stopped and has not returned. Good luck!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us