Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: lumps

 mdlpena - Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:44 pm

Hello. I'm a 21 year old guy. I've never had any problems with my sexual region but I was just concerned because I have had a bump or two in my pubic region which i can feel under the skin. they don't hurt. what could they be possibly be? ACNE?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:25 am

User avatar Hello,

They could be a number of things.

It depends on several factors: have you had sexual contact prior to this incident? Where exactly are they situated? What size are they?

Sebaceous glands and hair follicles commonly get infected. They may be visible as small nodules or might only be felt as small lumps in the skin. They are yellow/black or red nodules on the hair shafts in the inguinal region. Nodules are often on the scrotum and occasionally on the base of the shaft of the penis. They may contain pus in them.

If they are still there I would advise you to have them checked out.

Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us