Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: I can't orgasm. Help!

 VividViridian - Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:16 am

Ok, I really need someone to help advise me on what to do here because I don’t know if there is something wrong with me, or what it is.

I’m 17 and I have been with my current boyfriend for almost a year now (11 months), we haven’t had sex yet, but purely on the basis that he’s worried because he can’t get me to orgasm. I wasn’t worried until I found out that I couldn’t get myself to climax either.

We had done most forms of foreplay, and it’s not that I don’t enjoy any of it, because I do, I do a lot. I just can’t or better said, haven’t orgasmed. And I can’t do it myself either, I’ve tried a few different things, and get the same result, that I approach a climax but then nothing happens, I just keep going until I give up or get tired.

Currently I am on no medication, my periods are regular, I am a virgin so this is the first time I have encountered this problem. The only thing that could possibly be effecting this is that I take vitamins. I take vitamin A, E, C and a B complex, as well as iron and Zinc. Though I don’t take these as regularly as I perhaps should. I also take up to 10g of vitamin B5 a day, most days only 5g though. I take this as it clears my skin from acne. I used to be on synthesized drugs like minomycin and Erythromycin but they just wore off and the B5 is still working fine so I don’t want to have to go off it.

My boyfriend wants me to see my GP, but I feel that will be awkward, though if it is recommended I will go ahead and see a doctor. Are there any specialists to see? Or should I wait and see if I climax during sex first?

Someone please help, I’m so confused!
 Ultimecia - Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:09 pm

Hello vivid, im not really a pro here, but maybe ur BF just cant satisfy what u need, think what u want to do, or where u want to, then tell him. some say that Sex is much better when a male is circumsiced, and they say, sex must be in a right time and in the right place, i have exp. this situation b4, my Xgf cant orgasm. so? i waited the day that she would ask me to have sex with her. thats the ryt time, and wen she ask me where we doing it, i said u decide were u feel comfortable, so finally it work.
 VividViridian - Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:07 am

Thankyou for your advice =) That was what I thought as well too at the start, that it was some fault on his behalf. Though we have talked about what I want and what I'm looking for, there still seems to be something wrong. He hasn't experianced such problems with his other girlfriends and it's not as though I don't want him to touch me. Though I will keep what you said in mind, thankyou for the advice!!
 kaitka - Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:39 am

i think what you need to do is relax. pure & simple. it seems like your problem is almost entirely (if not all) in your head. mental blocks can be sooo strong. you've clearly worked it into your psyche that you can't orgasm, and that will easily keep you from it. i really think you're putting a lot of pressure on your boyfriend to please you, but you have to learn what you like before you can teach him what you like. guys have it easy. it's a very mechanical thing for a guy to orgasm. it's a totally different world for us females. you have to actually experience it in your head. and if you are too busy thinking about what is physcially going on, you probably won't be able to climax because you're distracted. so get some time alone where you know you won't be disturbed, shut your door, turn off your lights, lay down, and close your eyes. have no fears and no distractions. wherever your mind goes is okay. if it's not your boyfriend you think of, that's also okay. he doesn't have to know. ;) get comfy & enjoy yourself and learn what you like to feel and what you think you'll like to have done to you. it seems like you're just self-conscious and have a mental block.

good luck to you!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us