Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Not Supposed to be Like This (Really Frustrated)!!!

devoncassidy - Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:19 am

My glans has always had a "rough" look to it and I'm not circumcised. After doing some research, I found out that an uncircumcised penis should have a smoother glans than that of a circumcised one. I was wondering if there is anything I can do or any product that can improve the appearance? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:13 pm

User avatar Hello,

I understand your feeling frustrated, but the only thing I can tell you is that you need to see a doctor, preferably a dermatologist.

It could be a constitutional thing (variation of normal). However, there are some conditions that are similar to your description (although more severe) that are due to autoimmune disorders. One such disorder is known as balanitis xerotica obliterans.

Please discuss these issues with your doctor.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us