Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: inability to achieve orgasm due to masturbation methods

 worriednow - Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:54 am

This is not simply a teenager worried about nothing, I am 22 years old and for a decade I have masturbated with great frequency using a heavy touch, mostly without lubrication, to the point that I can not acheive orgasm except when using the "hand of death" method. Further, I fear that I have caused damage to my skin and nerve endings. For instance, there is now hair growing on the shaft of my penis.

Is there a point at which it becomes impossible to revocer normal sexual functioning? What can I do in real terms to reverse this?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:52 pm

User avatar Hello,

Anorgasmia, also known as orgasmic disorder, orgasmic dysfunction or orgasmic inhibition is the inability to reach orgasm during sexual intercourse. This condition is much more common in women and is considered rare in men.

There are several known causes for this condition, however, psychological causes account for approximately 90 per cent of anorgasmia.

Sedatives as well as alcohol are known to impair the orgasmic response.

Chronic illness and pain can have a general debilitating effect over many aspects of life including sexuality.

Neurological diseases such as spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis, hormone conditions and diabetes can be implicated.

It is possible that your use of vigorous masterbation was traumatic to your penis and can lead to pain and anxiety. Hair can normally be present on the shaft of the penis.

My advice to you is to give your penis time to heal and not to worry about it to much. Should the pain go away and your condition not improve then you should consult your doctor and preferably a sex therapist.

Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us