Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Difficult sex, even after hymen breaking.

mee-ho - Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:23 am

Hi. Me and my bf had been trying to have sex for approx 10 months but it was always too difficult and hurt too much. Eventually we found a position that worked and I bled for about 10 minutes so I figured this was my hymen breaking.

This was several months ago and since then we have had sex many times but it is still hard for his penis to go all the way in and it still hurts a bit.

Is this because I am still tight? I thought that when you're hymen breaks sex becomes easier over time? I feel comfortable, I am well lubed, I'm not anxious, scared or pressured and I am even able to orgasm yet his penis does not fully enter my vagina.

I can insert a finger or 2 into my vagina and it feels tight.
What can I do? Do I just have to continue trying to have sex so it stretches to accommodate the penis?

I'm confused because I thought it'd get easier but it's not.
Any replies would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:01 am

There are many causes of painful sex:

Inadequate foreplay: in the first few times sex can be painful due to an unstretched hymen and in every case it's helpful to be relaxed and aroused.

Lack of lubrication is another cause of pain during sex and some lubricating products can be used to aid in this problem.

Vaginal infection of different types can lead to a painful sex.

Vaginismus: some girls may have a vaginismus and are not aware with this problem, counseling may help identify this issue.

Sex shouldn't be painful, and if pain continues then you should consult your doctor.