Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: missed periods still not pregnant

king11 - Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:19 am

i used to take contraceptive pills till january..from feb i stopped taking it.actually me and my husband were planning for baby.everyday we had sex,leaving not a single day in the month.last mont <in jan>my period came on 15th,so i was expecting it on 11th.but its 27th feb .still i'm not hav'g my period.meanwhile i did 5 pregnancy home test.all were negative.now i'm having a light thin white idscharge..what should i do?am i pregnant?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:04 am

User avatar Hi king11,
One common complaint some women have after discontinuation of birth control pills is a delay in the return of the menstrual cycle. Generally speaking, menstrual cycles resume approximately six weeks after discontinuation of the pill but in some cases a cycle may not resume for up to three months. If in six months a cycle does not resume and pregnancy is ruled out an evaluation of course is warranted.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us