Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: missed periods still not pregnant

king11 - Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:19 am

i used to take contraceptive pills till january..from feb i stopped taking it.actually me and my husband were planning for baby.everyday we had sex,leaving not a single day in the month.last mont <in jan>my period came on 15th,so i was expecting it on 11th.but its 27th feb .still i'm not hav'g my period.meanwhile i did 5 pregnancy home test.all were negative.now i'm having a light thin white idscharge..what should i do?am i pregnant?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:04 am

User avatar Hi king11,
One common complaint some women have after discontinuation of birth control pills is a delay in the return of the menstrual cycle. Generally speaking, menstrual cycles resume approximately six weeks after discontinuation of the pill but in some cases a cycle may not resume for up to three months. If in six months a cycle does not resume and pregnancy is ruled out an evaluation of course is warranted.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us