Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: No Orgasm - Qualified doctor please help!

 Dave165 - Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:40 am


I am a 23 year old male, and I have quite a big problem - I have never acheived orgasm! and really need some advice as to what to do. I have no problems getting aroused, and I CAN ejaculate but I just don't experience much pleasure and just feel really frustrated & stressed afterwards. I am a normal healthy, physically fit person with no major diseases, and I have above average testosterone levels.

I am thinking about going to see someone qualified about this. You may wonder why I've waited until I'm 23? Well, obviously theres the embarrassment factor, but mainly it's becuase I just think their going to say it's a physchological/guilt thing, which I'm absoloutely certain it isn't.

So, can someone advise me as to who I should see about this? I'm not sure whether to talk to my GP/physician, or go straight to the urologist.

Also: is there anythign they can actually do about it, such as proper tests or anything? I don't just want them to turn around and tell me it's becuase of a guilt thing, or some wierd childhood trauma!!

The only other thing should mention is that I had frenuloplasty for an extremely tight frenulum. In fact, it wasn't even a frenulum it was more of an adhesion. But that's been corrected and I can now retract the foreskin fully (although this is still painful when erect).

Please please please give me any advice/information you can so I can build up the confidence to go!!


 Dave165 - Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:45 am

Just to clarify, I'm really wanting to know who to go and if there is anything thy can actually do to help me properly? And also, are there any specific reasons why someone might possibly not acheive orgasm other than psychological reasons.

Thankyou, dave

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us