Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Small Foreskin Attachments

 dc_com - Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:45 am

First of all, I just want to thank anyone in advance who takes the time to respond to this post.

I'm 22 years old and this post is sort of a follow up to a previous post I made. I have phimosis, meaning my foreskin doesn't retract fully. I have been doing foresking stretching exercises for a few weeks now, and they have been working but I've sort of run into a wall.

My problem is this: When I get my foreskin about 1/3 of the way down, there is a very small strand of skin (1-2 mm) that is connecting my foreskin to the very front of the glans. I have been trying to loosen this skin through stretching it, but I haven't been able to get the skin to detach. Will the adhesion eventually loosen, or is this something I'm gonna have to get some sort of surgery for.

In responding to this post, please keep in mind that I would like to try every possible alternative before circumcision.

 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:46 pm

User avatar Hello,

I think you should have it checked out.

If it is a simple adhesion then your doctor will be the better judge of how to interfere.

I am not sure from your description but this could be a paraphimosis. Paraphimosis is the inability to reduce the retracted foreskin over the glans penis into its natural position. Is thst what you are experiencing? If so, this is considered a medical emergency.

Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us