Question: Small Foreskin Attachments

dc_com - Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:45 am

First of all, I just want to thank anyone in advance who takes the time to respond to this post.

I'm 22 years old and this post is sort of a follow up to a previous post I made. I have phimosis, meaning my foreskin doesn't retract fully. I have been doing foresking stretching exercises for a few weeks now, and they have been working but I've sort of run into a wall.

My problem is this: When I get my foreskin about 1/3 of the way down, there is a very small strand of skin (1-2 mm) that is connecting my foreskin to the very front of the glans. I have been trying to loosen this skin through stretching it, but I haven't been able to get the skin to detach. Will the adhesion eventually loosen, or is this something I'm gonna have to get some sort of surgery for.

In responding to this post, please keep in mind that I would like to try every possible alternative before circumcision.

Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:46 pm

I think you should have it checked out.

If it is a simple adhesion then your doctor will be the better judge of how to interfere.

I am not sure from your description but this could be a paraphimosis. Paraphimosis is the inability to reduce the retracted foreskin over the glans penis into its natural position. Is thst what you are experiencing? If so, this is considered a medical emergency.