Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: my balls hurt

 Omseti - Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:23 pm

my balls hurt. my right one is bigger then my left one and it hurts abit. i also have a shoting pain on both side of my sack some times it feel like the tubes . do you think i should get it look and what can it be
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:55 am

User avatar Hello,

Please have it looked at as soon as possible.

There are many possible causes of testicular pain, these include: trauma or surgery; torsion of the testicles; infections such as epididymitis or orchitis; varicocele and hydrocele; referred pain from a kidney stone; an inguinal hernia or pelvic congestion. Pain can also be referred to the testicles from conditions such as ureteric stones or spinal pathology.

Best regards.
 sambhav - Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:35 am

Hi Doctor,

I have been masturbating for around ten years. I often feel pain in my left testicles. I have no injuries as such. Could it be due to masturbation...? Whom should I consult about this ?


| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us