Question: erection problems!

aqua - Mon May 01, 2006 6:31 pm

HI there

Im typing this as a request for my partner, he is 48 and im 45 we have been together now for 5 years , He seems to have a problem keep a erection , In 5 years I would say maybe he has penitrated me twice but even then I could not feel him , or he leaves his cum on the outside of me , I have tried nearly everything to make it easier for him but nothing seems to help him . When making bodly contact with him he always seems to have pre cum . he also masturbates which takes him ages and me ages when i do it for him he mostly does manage to cum. He has had vacum pumps , been on viagra , now cialis nothing seems to help him . even seen a sexual therapist What this is leading to is there anywhere in England that he might be able to be hypnotised and approx how much might this cost please .

many thanx and hope you might be able to give some advice
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed May 10, 2006 11:22 am

There are two broad categories are organic causes and psychogenic causes for erectile dysfunction.

A person complaining from erectile dysfunction needs to be assessed for the presence of endocrine disturbances, chronic diseases, cardiovascular disease, neurological disease and medications that cause ED all need to be excluded. Cigarette smoking and chronic alcoholism are major contributing factors.

Caution needs to be exercised when making the diagnosis of psychogenic ED, as both organic and psychogenic factors may co-exist.

Has he been evaluated for these conditions?