Question: Torn Frenulum

vinodhkumarmca - Wed May 03, 2006 9:22 pm

Hello im 28 years old and today me and my wife had sex well to say things got rough and she was on top of me and I did not notice any thing wrong but she was tight and it was hard to insert my penis inside. But any how I inserted it and after about one minute of intercourse I looked down at my penis to see blood to my shock I remember she got off her period last week... and I look down , the frenulum part was bit torn, due to the pulling of the skin downwards due to the stress given by me. I am worried about this. Please suggest me what to do now? I stopped having sex with her for the past few days. Is this case is normal one or do I need to undergo any treatment for this, Please suggest.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu May 04, 2006 6:25 am

User avatar Hi vinodhkumarmca,
Minor tears of the frenulum, generally speaking, do not require emergency treatment and are aimed at keeping the area clean to promote healing. More significant tears which cause gross amounts of bleeding, etc. may require intervention. You, of course, may want to have the area evaluated by your physician to assure that additional treatment is not necessary and it would also be suggested that the use of a lubricant (water based) would prevent unusual forceful friction resulting in additional trauma.