Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: The best pelvic pain clinic?

bunnylove - Thu May 04, 2006 10:09 am

Does anyone know the best clinic i can go to for for a female sexual disorder? I live in virginia and I'm thinking about going to the North Carolina pelvic pain clinic becuase well, its the only pelvic pain clinic i know of and i'm sick of going to doctors who know absolutely nothing (come on now its like i know more then they do). I mean if your vestibule is red and hurts like crazy if you touch it you'd think after going to 5 different doctors at least one of them would be like you have vestibulitis, but no none of them did, and alot of them were like i don't see a problem here... and all i can say is i want to scream/slap some sense into them/cry out that gynecologists are the worst people EVER. I don't know, i'm REALLY frustrated now and I know they (the clinic) have done special research on vestibulitis... but are there others?

(becuase i ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to go through that kind of pain and torture that those people put me through, i mean i thought doctors wanted to help people, no they just made my life a living hell)
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue May 09, 2006 6:40 am

User avatar Hi bunnylove,
There is documented research that vulvar vestibulitis syndrome,
Vulvodynia, etc., may be related to other conditions, ie, pelvic floor weakness, etc. The following link may provide you with assistance in treatment options. When clicking on the link below, scroll down to find Virginia. Information for your area should be located there. I hope this is somewhat helpful.
Click here!
 bunnylove - Tue May 09, 2006 10:07 am

That link you posted doesent work. And i already know about all the treatments for the disease, just the one i want i need a prescription for and its not like i can just waltz in to a doctors office and be like write me a prescription now! for 35mg of 5% lidocaine... i don't think they'd write my prescription. And thats all i want, is there anyway to get this without a doctor's prescription? I hate having to go to a doctor again, its so annoying and i hate doctors with a passion and i'd really like to not go as much as possible but if it can't be helped then i guess i have to...
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue May 09, 2006 2:53 pm

User avatar Hi bunnylove,
Your statement "the link you posted doesn't work" refers to the link itself or the treatment, as I rechecked the link and it is working appropriately. If you were referring to the treatments, have you been to the Urology Wellness Center in Virginia, and attempted their treatment options unsuccessfully? In order to receive a prescription for a medication you have to have a physician issue it. Maybe you have had some negative experiences and I am quite sorry that you seem to have these feelings toward physician's because the large majority are dedicated, caring, intelligent, men and women and society should consider themselves fortunate to have them.