Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Please help me...confused

luvrgurl - Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:10 pm

Hi. I am 20 years old. I have been off birth control for a year and a half. my doctor said it would take a little bit of time for my period to regulate itself out. its been a year and a half and there are months that go by that my period is 2-4 weeks late. it started happening in january and the rest of the months were regular. i am now almost 2 weeks late again. I don't know if I could be pregnant or not. I want to get pregnant, but my period keeps being late every so many months. why could this be? could i be pregnant now? please help me.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:33 pm

User avatar If you are sexually active then it is a possibility your period is delayed due to pregnancy. I would first suggest taking a test to rule that out.

If you are trying to concieve and your periods are irregular, then usually a doctor will prescribe birth control pills for a short time to try to regulate the menstral cycle.

Periods can be irregular for a number of different reasons, I suggest that you make an apppointment with your gynecologist and tell him your concerns so that you can begin to try to regulate your periods.
 luvrgurl - Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:23 pm

Thank you so much.