Forum Name: Fertility

Question: I have more questions.

luvrgurl - Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:20 pm

Ok. I am 20 years old. How long should I wait after my period hasn't started to take a pregnancy test?

Also, my boyfriend and I used a condom a couple of times and one of them broke right after he had cummed inside of it. Could it have possibly gotten inside of me?
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:33 pm

User avatar You can take a pregnancy test the first day of your missed period. If your period still hasn't arrived after a week, take another test. Stress can cause a period to be late, and worrying over a possible pregnancy is enough to make your period late, causing even more worry, so try not to stress over it to much.
Yes, if the condom broke after he ejaculated inside it, you can get pregnant.
 luvrgurl - Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:58 am

Ok. Well, I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. But I'm having all these cramps, pains, sickess, and sensitivity that would be associated with pregnancy. But the test still came back negative. Should I take another test or consult my physician?

Oh, and thank you very much.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:15 am

User avatar How late is your period now?
The symptoms you are having may be because your period is about to start. Pregnancy symptoms usually do not occur this early.
Give it a few more days, and if you do not start, you can retest or consult your doctor.
 luvrgurl - Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:02 am

ok. i went to see my doctor and i'm not pregnant. I'm almost 3 weeks late on my period and she says there isn't anything wrong with me. She said that most of this is caused my acid reflux, but how can that be? that wouldn't cause my period to be late. I'm getting really confused now.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:53 am

User avatar She probably meant the symptoms you had were from the acid reflux, not the late period.

It is not uncommon for women to sometimes skip ovualtion for a month. That would cause you to not have a period this month.
Have you recently started dieting or exercising? Over exercising or cutting to many calories can cause your period to be absent.
Stress can also cause a late or absent period.
The medical term for an absent period is called amenorrhea.

Since your period is now 3 weeks late, your next period should be due in about a week or so, I would wait and see if it comes or not. If it does not come, you should make another appointment with the doctor to find the cause.