Forum Name: Fertility

Question: WHITE MUCUS IN SIGHT !!!!!!!!!

Melani - Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:35 am

Don't know if you remember me - my last period was on 30th April Used to be on 28-day cycle but that changed with my last period, to 38-day, after having stopped the pill.

have been experiencing pg symptoms and waiting anxiously to do another pg test soon.

But I've had the appearance of white mucus today and I'm afraid AF is on her way.
Is white mucus a sign of menstruation or could it be a sign of early
pregnancy ?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:30 am

User avatar Melani,
The mucus you describe is pretty consitent with ovulatory mucus. If you are ovulating now and last had sex more than two weeks ago, you are probably not pregnant. You should be getting your period in 2 weeks -- if not do another pregnancy test.
 Melani - Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:39 am

Doctor,

If I seem to be ovulating, then I must have missed my last cycle, because here I am waiting for AF to arrive !

My DH and I have had sexual intercourse at least twice in the last week.
What are the chances of my having fallen pregnant at this time ?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:17 am

User avatar I don't think you are pregnant. You should be getting your period soon. Like I said earlier if you don't get your period by 2 weeks do another pregnancy test.

Good luck
 Melani - Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:06 am

Thank you very much for your advice although at this point it is a bit difficult to acknowledge as my DH and I are waiting anxiously to conceive.

Thank you for the information regarding ovulation etc - now we will be better equipped in understanding the whole conception process. Will keep trying.

Many Thanks
Melani