Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: cramps but no period

safi01 - Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:51 pm

after finishing my clomid cycles that worked for me that is i managed to ovulate but never got pregnant, i had regular periods for about 5 months, i was so happy, now im awaiting my period and which should have been due on the 1st according to what i was doing for the past 5 months, its now the 17th and no period i have experienced cramping, for the past week or so with no bleeding yet, i also did 2 pregnancy tests and both came out negative, was the period regulation a post side effect to the clomid? and if i was having a regular cycle on my own why did it stop now? i know how busy you all must be but im kindaof stuck in limbo right now i moved abroad and havent managed to get my doctor stuff sorted out yet, by the time i get an answer i expect ill have moved on to another question but i guess its worth a shot
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:20 am

User avatar Hi safi01,
Did you receive a diagnosis as to why you have ceased regular menstrual cycles, ie., PCOS, Endocrine abnormalities etc.? Hve you been evaluated by an Endocrinologist?
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN
 safi01 - Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:56 pm

when i had my pelvic scan and hsg they sed there was no other abnormalities

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us