Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: I have pain in my urethra as i orgasm

jetix87 - Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:10 am

it only started happening recently. and i have looked everywhere on the internet for an answer and noone has one and i thought maybe someone could help me here?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:30 pm

User avatar Hello,

Possible causes of pain on ejaculation are usually related to the prostate. These would include benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in patients older than 40 years, prostate cancer again mainly in old men, prostatitis (would show on urine analysis or examination of prostatic secretions, ejaculatory duct obstruction (uncommon but suggested by low volume of ejaculate), and psychogenic causes.

Hope this helps.
 jetix87 - Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:37 am

im only 19 year old...so i doubt it would affect me, but i know its possible.

i did, however notice less semen. so it may be an obstruction. any advice you could give me for it if it is?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:10 pm

User avatar Yes. I strongly recommend you get examined. Given your age, prostatitis among other things needs to be ruled out.

Best regards,
 jetix87 - Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:49 am

oddly enough...it didnt hurt at all last time. it went away on its own. any hint of what it may have been or why it would have gone away?

and i cant go get it checked out for some time because i don't have insurance and i live paycheck to paycheck.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:03 am

User avatar Hi jetix87,
Most states have programs to offer assistance to people whom are uninsured/underinsured so that they may have health access. If you would like some information regarding programs in your area, provide your state location and I would be glad to attempt to assist you with options.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us