Question: Pimple in penis shaft

csu16898 - Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:48 am

I understand the small 1-2mm white bumps are normal, however, I have a very larg pimple on my penis. It does not resemble a wart or boil, but rather a pimple. It is very similar to a facial pimple, however there is a considerable subdermal mass when the foreskin is stretched. Squeezing or prodding produces a yellow-white puss, and usually inflames the blemish. I have had this bump for just over a week now and it is beginning to cause some worry. I recently had a full STD test, including visual examination by a doctor, about 2 weeks ago, just before this bump occured.

My sexual partner has informed me that she has found a pimple inside her labia. It too, resembles a pimple, and not a wart or blister / boil. Advice?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:53 pm

Given the limitations of the internet as a diagnostic tool, you are advised to seek a direct clinical examination to reach the proper diagnosis.

Some penile papules are associated with sexual transmission. Molluscum contagiosum forms dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug. The hallmark of central umbilication appears in a quarter of the lesions. These papules can have a pedunculated gross appearance, and milky-white curd like material can be squeezed from the central umbilication.

Even though you were recently examined for STDs before you developed this condition, you are advised to seek medical attention as soon as possible to exclude STDs.