Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Swollen penis after sex

Mikey - Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:51 pm

Hi, I am a 37 yo male. Recently, my wife and I had a "spurt" of alot of sex, including her masturbating me. Over the course of 3 weeks, we had sexual relations at least 3 times a day. On 3 occassions, my penis was swollen, head and shaft and a film of an unknow type covered the penis. For a day or two the siliva type liquid covered my penis, in great amounts. The penis is sensitive to touch. in addition, after a few days, the "film" dried and flaked off like a sun burn. Can you tell me, is this just over use of the penis, like a burn or something? And how do I in the future help this to not happen? We used gels a few times, but, it happened even with that us. Will this hurt my penis? Thanks
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:37 pm

User avatar Hello,

This sounds like Dermatitis or eczema.
It is a skin reaction to an irritant. Eczema appears as diffuse red plaques with a poorly defined edge and finely scaled surface. It causes severe irritation in most of cases.

It occurs also after infections or local skin injury from chemicals or friction. There are a number of effective treatments available, such as steroid creams. It is not infectious by itself.

Direct clinical examination is essential for diagnosis and to exclude also cadidiasis which needs specific treatment.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us