Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: ejaculateing problem

Kuyper14 - Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:35 pm

I am nineteen and a female... My husband was in a very bad car accdeint..he was burned about 47% so he has a alot of surgeries and is on some medications..it has been 6 months sence and accident and he his home and doing well...we tried resently to have sex and he cant elajeculate and we are not sure why and when he tired to masturebate he justed kinda peed instead....
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:04 pm

User avatar Hello,

Failure to ejaculate generally may occur as a result of (pelvic) nerve disease or damage. Nerve damage may result in retrograde ejaculate.

After orgasm, nerves that supply the bladder neck make them close to allow the semen to come out.

The most common causes of nerve damage include diabetes and a spinal chord injury.

Traumatic damage to the pelvic nerves e.g. after surgery is also very common, Did your husband undergo any surgical intervention in the pelvis? Or had extensive damage to pelvis? This could be the reason.

Try to reassure him since psychogenic causes are also common in such situations.

I advise you to inform his doctor about this issue.

Hope you find this information useful.
Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us