Question: Delayed Puberty? Other problem?

Confused16 - Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:50 pm

I have read through several threads here on the forums, however I haven't quite been able to find the answer I'm looking for.

I am currently a 16 year-old Caucasian male and have not been diagnosed with anything sexually-related. I have not have had any surgeries in the past.

My question is regarding delayed puberty, however I'm not quite sure that's what it is because everything else has developed as-per-normal. My penis has remained unchanged in size, and same with the scrotum area. I have read the "average" size, but I'm convinced it's most definitely not the average from a general concensus. When erect it is not much more than 6 inches and extremely skinny.

Like I said, I'm not sure if this is related to delayed puberty, but I am definitely looking to see if there is anything that can be prescribed for enlargement purposes.

Please help!
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:18 pm

Penis size is genetically determined. During puberty testicles begin to enlarge and hair grows in the pubic region then penis starts to grow in length.

Average penis size for mature non-erect adult is about 3 to 4 inches.

The size of the penis may continue to grow 2 years after growing in height stops.

Hope you find this information useful.
 Confused16 - Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:54 pm

Does (or can) masturbation affect the growth rate during puberty?