Question: Swollen Glands in penis

chunx11 - Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:37 pm

hey, my name is thomas and i am 17yr old.

i think i may have swollen glands.

would you be able to describe to me the symptoms just so that i should get a better idea. and also how serious a problem this is and wether or not medical treatment is needed.

i notice something really sore and swollen and hard at the base of my penis shaft, the lump feels like 2 thin bones running down my penis.

thank you :)
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:19 am

You will not feel lymph glands at the base of your penis. If you feel something swollen there, then you should have an evaluation.

Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands are normally found on the penile shaft, particularly on the ventral surface (underside). They may be infected, trichomycosis in the case of sweat glands and folliculitis in the case of hair follicles.

Please visit your doctor.