Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Swollen Glands in penis

chunx11 - Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:37 pm

hey, my name is thomas and i am 17yr old.

i think i may have swollen glands.

would you be able to describe to me the symptoms just so that i should get a better idea. and also how serious a problem this is and wether or not medical treatment is needed.

i notice something really sore and swollen and hard at the base of my penis shaft, the lump feels like 2 thin bones running down my penis.

thank you :)
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:19 am

User avatar Hello,

You will not feel lymph glands at the base of your penis. If you feel something swollen there, then you should have an evaluation.

Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands are normally found on the penile shaft, particularly on the ventral surface (underside). They may be infected, trichomycosis in the case of sweat glands and folliculitis in the case of hair follicles.

Please visit your doctor.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us