Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Bumps On shaft of Penis!! Help pls...

 GoldenMonkey - Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:54 am

Hi There...

I am currently 19 in age. I discovered 2 small bumps on the back shaft of my penis which is approx 2mm in length and wide.

The bumps are not attached to the skin and it is not painful,itchy nor swollen. However the bumps will increase slightly in size whenever my penis is erected.

Any suggestions on what those bumps could be?

 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:36 am

User avatar Hello,

Most penile papules do not have a serious cause, but some are infectious and may lead to more serious conditions.

Conditions associated with sexual transmission include molluscum contagiosum and warts.

On the other hand conditions not associated with sexual transmission include infection of sweat glands or hair follicles, pearly penile papules, Fordyce spots, psoriasis, an early penile cancer, benign pigmentation and postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.

How long has this condition lasted?

Given the limitations of the internet you are advised to seek direct medical attention.
 GoldenMonkey - Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:56 pm

Thanks for the reply..

The bumbs do not increase in size and has been of this size for the past six months...

Is this something serious that require immediate medical attention?

 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:58 am

User avatar Hello,

I think you should show it to your doctor during your next visit.

If the lumps grow or if you develop anything new you should consult him immediately.

Best regards,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us