Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Frequent Sex

bonita_gd - Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:07 pm

Female
Hi, me and hubby just got married a year ago and we only have sex like once every two weeks now. Is this normal? He's 31 years old and I'm 23. I work during the day and go to school and he works at night, so we barely see each other, and we have a child together(5yrs old). When we do see each other, we are too burned out and tired from work and school to have sex. We are intimate in other ways like kissing, hugging, making sexual gestures to each other though.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:33 pm

User avatar Hello,

The frequency of a normal sexual activity is a very difficult question to be answered. There is a wide normal range for the frequency of intercourse.

What is to be considered is the pattern of sexual activity and the fact that each partner is comfortable with his sexual relationship.

If the two partners reach a satisfaction feeling after sexual activity, then there is a healthy relationship.

Do not forget that it is a relation that needs both partners to be relaxed, to be stimulated physically and mentally to be aroused and able to focus in their relation. Any thing that would affect these factors would interfere with their sexual relation.

If you think that other than the change in the frequency of your sexual activity, there are no other changes , then you may try to better arrange your working schedules to have more time coinciding with his resting hours.

Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us