Question: My head of the penis dosent get full erect

Srachi - Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:08 am

I have a question for anyone who know about my problemand can help me or give me an advice becasue somtimes my problem is giving me hard times.Why my head of my penis dose not get full erect just when im on my legs or in my knees(i mean a vertical position) or when im on my belly (facing the bed i mean or making sex on a position where im over she).When laying on my back(orizontal) it dosent get fully erect never just if i make a pressure with my fingers on the uper side of my penis at the base.Anyone can help me wtih an answer please?What is this?I have 27 years and i have this problem from the age 17-18.I remeber that just in my puberty period have a full head erection in any position that i have stay'd.I have problems with my veins or with the blod presure or.......????I don't have problems with the rest of the penis,just with the head.Thank in advance for your time and for the answers.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:36 am

User avatar The penis is made up of three tube shaped chambers of "spongy" tissue; two tubes on top (the corpora cavernosa) which extend well into the body to anchor the penis, and one underneath (the corpus spongiousm) which becomes the glans or head of the penis. The three tubes are surrounded by a sheath of skin which is stretchable, to a limit. The arteries which feed blood to the spongy tubes are surrounded by smooth muscles fibers which are normally contracted, limiting the amount of blood entering the penis. When a sight, touch, or thought cause sexual stimulation, the brain signals the muscles to relax, greatly increasing the blood flow. The spongy bodies fill up, making the penis enlarge. Because the veins which drain the spongy bodies pass between the bodies and the sheath of skin, erection causes the vessels to be compressed, reducing the amount of blood that can leave the penis. When the growth of the penis reaches the limit of the stretchable sheath of skin, the penis becomes very firm.

Its possible that the corpus spongiosum (the spongy tissue tube that becomes the head of the penis) does not get filled up with blood during an erection. This is only a possibility. I would advise you to go and discuss this with your doctor, get a physical examination and possibly an ultrasound.
 Srachi - Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:10 pm

Thank you very much for the answer Dr. Tamer.Can you be more explicit with the ultrasound control?I live in Romania and in my town i don't know if they have medical equipment with ultrasound.What to see with ultrasound?Maybee my veins or arters?Ecography is aint good?Or a radiation based equipment?Pleas excuse my bad english.Have a good day and thanks again.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:37 pm

User avatar Ultrasound is an echogram. Yes, it is used to check on your veins and arteries and will help the doctor determine where the problem is and thus guide you to the appropriate treatment.

shnkr - Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:23 am

Dear sir/ madam,
This is jayashankar, male 24years old, please clarified my doubt. Is it possible to cut my penis outer skin (Sunnath)? Without taken bed rest.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:42 am

User avatar Hi jayashankar,
Thank you for the post.
If carried out by a trained surgeon, generally there is no need for absolute bed rest.
Good luck!