Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Blood clot in the side of my penis..

 ChrisS - Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:09 am

I have found a blood clot in the side of my penis about a year ago...just a small one. So I took asprin often in hopes that it would help, but now theres a few blood clots side by side in the same blood vessel and I believe its effecting my erection slightly. its about half way down the shaft and is about 4 little white clots all lined up beside eachother. my x girlfriend often told me to see a doctor but its very embarrasing.

I was wondering if I see a doctor will they give me medication or will I have to get surgery to remove them? I don't really want surgery...
 ChrisS - Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:13 pm

Tamer I got your email and updated my profile but I don't have much of a previous blood clots but I did have a cyst removed from inside my butt about a year before this started showing up...doubt if they are related.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:22 pm

User avatar Hello Chris,

You sound like you are describing a condition known as Mondor's disease. There is really nothing to worry about. You should see your doctor about this.

Mondor's disease has been discussed before in another post:

Click here!

As it says in the post surgery is an option especially if it has persisted for so long. However, your doctor may attempt another course of anti-inflammatory pills.

Best regards,
 ChrisS - Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:51 pm

Thanks Tamer its very VERY nice of you to do this over the web. You are a great man and are doing a wonderful service helping out strangers like this. Take care and live well friend.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us