Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: uncomfortable sensation after masturbation

informationman - Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:30 pm

Hi, i hope you can help, im 19 year old male. very rearly (id say once every 2 weeks) after masturbation i need to go to the toilet to urinate and keep getting the sensation to go again, its quite uncomfortable and i have to keep goin and put up with it untill its gone, however there is no acctual pain urinating. this only ever seems to happen at night before i go to bed never in the day time. This has happened in the past but recently more frequently. I am pretty sure this isnt sexualy transmitted. I am quite worried and don't know what it is. i havnt been to the doctor as i am quite shy and im not on any medication.
please help.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:02 pm

User avatar Hello,

One possibility is prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate). Symptoms include progressive urinary frequency, urgency, and nocturia due to incomplete emptying and rapid refilling of the bladder. Decreased size and force of the urinary stream produce hesitancy and intermittency. Sensations of incomplete emptying, terminal dribbling, almost continuous overflow incontinence, or complete urinary retention may ensue.

Please visit your doctor as soon as possible in order to reach a proper diagnosis and receive therapy promptly.

Best regards,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us