Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: smooth rash and itching

Micaht - Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:53 am

it started about 3 or 4 days ago i had an itch at the base of my penis so i itched it then the itching increase so i continued i guess i kinda rubbed it a little raw the second day it seemed like it was trying to heal but then i masturbated then the scabs that were there went away and it got all smooth and kinda oily and emits a wierd smell and it kinda itches so i just figured it was trying to heal and i just needed to leave it alone but i applied vasaline because i thought that might help it heal now it still itches when i touch it and its still oily(slimey) what could it be? thanks for any help
-Micah
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:42 pm

User avatar Hello,

I really cannot tell without a direct clinical exam. It could be dermatitis. Please have it checked by your doctor as soon as possible.

Best regards,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us