Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: smooth rash and itching

Micaht - Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:53 am

it started about 3 or 4 days ago i had an itch at the base of my penis so i itched it then the itching increase so i continued i guess i kinda rubbed it a little raw the second day it seemed like it was trying to heal but then i masturbated then the scabs that were there went away and it got all smooth and kinda oily and emits a wierd smell and it kinda itches so i just figured it was trying to heal and i just needed to leave it alone but i applied vasaline because i thought that might help it heal now it still itches when i touch it and its still oily(slimey) what could it be? thanks for any help
-Micah
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:42 pm

User avatar Hello,

I really cannot tell without a direct clinical exam. It could be dermatitis. Please have it checked by your doctor as soon as possible.

Best regards,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us