Forum Name: Fertility

Question: white discharge

Arsela - Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:42 pm

I am 20 year studying girl .after my regular periods i am suffering from white discharge. after some days 2 weeks it is reduced but not stopped .it is only white in color sometimes only odore comes.does.will it affects my future? should i take it serious? please inform i am worried because i didnt informed my parents.mr email ID is moarlas@yahoo.co.in please take it serious and inform Thank you[/quote]
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:15 pm

Normal vaginal discharge is usually clear or milky white with no unpleasant odor.

Increase in the amount of vaginal discharge, an abnormal odor or consistency of the fluid, presence of pain, itching, or burning are all signs of possible infection in the vagina (vagainitis).
Infections may be caused by bacteria, protozoans and yeast (Candida).

Yeast is commonly present on normal human skin, mouth and vagina and are common causes of vaginal discharge.

Candidiasis or vaginal yeast infection causes (thick, white, cottage cheese-like, non-odorous discharge, may be also associated with itching.

Identification of yeast under a microscope is the most accurate way to establish the diagnosis.

Other causes for vaginal discharge due to bacterial of protozoal infections ( including STDS) should be excluded.
Direct clinical examination is essential.