Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: white discharge

Arsela - Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:42 pm

I am 20 year studying girl .after my regular periods i am suffering from white discharge. after some days 2 weeks it is reduced but not stopped .it is only white in color sometimes only odore comes.does.will it affects my future? should i take it serious? please inform i am worried because i didnt informed my parents.mr email ID is moarlas@yahoo.co.in please take it serious and inform Thank you[/quote]
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:15 pm

User avatar Hello,

Normal vaginal discharge is usually clear or milky white with no unpleasant odor.

Increase in the amount of vaginal discharge, an abnormal odor or consistency of the fluid, presence of pain, itching, or burning are all signs of possible infection in the vagina (vagainitis).
Infections may be caused by bacteria, protozoans and yeast (Candida).

Yeast is commonly present on normal human skin, mouth and vagina and are common causes of vaginal discharge.

Candidiasis or vaginal yeast infection causes (thick, white, cottage cheese-like, non-odorous discharge, may be also associated with itching.

Identification of yeast under a microscope is the most accurate way to establish the diagnosis.

Other causes for vaginal discharge due to bacterial of protozoal infections ( including STDS) should be excluded.
Direct clinical examination is essential.

Best regards.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us