Forum Name: Fertility

Question: How soon after ovulation can I test for pregnancy ?

Melani - Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:40 am

My last cycle was in April and seems to be irregular becuase I've stopped the pill, so I don't really know when ovulation is due.

Yesterday, while out shopping, I felt a surge of wetness and on checking, found clear white mucus (so I guess I'm ovulating now ?)

How long does ovulation last ?
How soon after ovulation can one test for pregnancy ?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:47 pm

User avatar Ovulation is the expulsion of an ovum from the ovary (usually midway in the menstrual cycle). It's just an event. As for how soon after ovulation should one perform a pregnancy test: a week after ovulation.
N.B. You previously, reported on this website white mucus on the 4th of June. Are you on hormonal therapy for ovulation induction?