Question: Possible Herpes???

Lestate - Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:37 am

Please let me know your opinion...

Positive Symptoms: I have 3, red itchy bumps at the base of my penis that appeared 2 days ago and I just developed a severe sore throat and I can tell that my throat glands are swollen.

Negative Symptoms: These are my only symptoms. The red bumps are not red any more, and the itch is not as severe, but still there. As well, my girlfriend and I have been sexually exclusive for a year and a half. She is the only person I have had sex with ever. Herpes symptoms usually pop up within 2 weeks of infection right? She has no symptoms. No blisters...yet.

I figure that I just got in some chiggers (sp) and they bit me and then the sore throat is just from traveling so much over the holidays...

Please let me know...
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:13 pm

User avatar This could be:

- These lesions mostly represent a form of dermatitis.
Dermatitis is referred to different types of skin rashes that are caused by infections, allergies (including medicine), and irritants (such as soaps, certain creams and some may be due to allergy).

Lesions are usually in the form of itchy small red bumps.

The inflammation usually subsides spontaneously, but avoiding exposure to any irritant is important .
You may use only bland lotions, like moisturizing lotions, till you consult your docotr.

Other causes to be excluded like:
- Friction and fungus are very likely to be the causes red and , painful Itchy patches.
Obese and active people are more susceptible.
Antifungal treatment is needed.

- Herpes simplex infection (less likely) results in small, very painful blisters (fluid is inside the lesion)
genital irritation, itching, they burst into
The sores turns into crust, that scab
and heal in about 3 weeks.

Direct clinical examination is essential.
Keep us updated.
 Lestate - Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:25 pm

Thank You so much for your response...

The red bumps are down, there is still a little itching. It is not pussing or crusting over. I will go in for consultation if it persists or reoccurs. I figure I just got into something at my families place over the holidays...they live in the country.

Thank You again...
 JUSTR187 - Tue May 01, 2007 9:27 am

im 26 Male,

Hi ive been sexually active with my gilrfriend this past weekend she lives back in my home town and im up north finishing college ... this las time i went we had sex and next day later my pubic hair area th crest i think started hurting and got small red bumps in 2 day after that red bump turned into pimple like very soft and with liquid inside they burn not very much itch but they really burn and hurt NOTE( girlfriend had been complainig that a week before i got there she had been discharging drops of blood not much but theese was 4 days after her period had ended) ive been with this already for 3 days im just been aplying neosporin after evry day showers im a very clean person wiht evry part of my body especially the penis area but can say same about my girlfriend.. what is it and how can i treat it [/b]