Question: Pain after ejaculation

Senada - Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:24 pm

I find occasionally that after i masturbate i feel the need to urinate. Most of the time nothing happens, but occasionally after i masturbate and then urinate, it hurts quite a bit. I feel the need to keep urinating, even when nothing comes out.

I have to run back and forth to the bathroom for tiny amounts of urinary excretion. I feel like i should go to the doctor, but I am only 15 years old and i cannot confront my parents with this problem. Will this get worse if i do not get it checked? Is there anything i can do that doesnt include talking to my parents about this? I know for sure its not a sexually transmitted desease.

I appreciate the advice.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:07 pm

This sounds like urinary tract infection.

It is not uncommon to occur at your age.

The condition may occur due to many causes that are not related to your sexual activity, so you better tell your parents to arrange for an appointment with your Doctor.

Urine analysis and urine culture are essential for the diagnosis.

You should seek medical consultation and do investigation for proper management. This is the best way to avoid complications that can occur if you do not receive treatment.

Keep us updated.