Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Pain after ejaculation

 Senada - Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:24 pm

I find occasionally that after i masturbate i feel the need to urinate. Most of the time nothing happens, but occasionally after i masturbate and then urinate, it hurts quite a bit. I feel the need to keep urinating, even when nothing comes out.

I have to run back and forth to the bathroom for tiny amounts of urinary excretion. I feel like i should go to the doctor, but I am only 15 years old and i cannot confront my parents with this problem. Will this get worse if i do not get it checked? Is there anything i can do that doesnt include talking to my parents about this? I know for sure its not a sexually transmitted desease.

I appreciate the advice.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:07 pm

User avatar Hello,

This sounds like urinary tract infection.

It is not uncommon to occur at your age.

The condition may occur due to many causes that are not related to your sexual activity, so you better tell your parents to arrange for an appointment with your Doctor.

Urine analysis and urine culture are essential for the diagnosis.

You should seek medical consultation and do investigation for proper management. This is the best way to avoid complications that can occur if you do not receive treatment.

Best regards.
Keep us updated.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us