Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Bumps on shaft of penis

tiggles123 - Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:29 pm

Hi

I noticed recently that I have about four 1 mm sized bumps on the shaft of my penis. They all run along or near a vein with one dot near the middle, one around the base and two near the upper shaft. They arent the same color as the skin of my shaft.. its hard to tell what color they are exactly because they are so small. I think they started off the same color as the skin on my penis shaft so I didnt notice them, and they turned red.

Ive had them for about 2 weeks now.

I am sexually active, and my wife and I are in a monogamous relationship, we have sex (intensely) at least 2-4 times a day.
Help!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:56 am

User avatar A few bumps on the penis are typically a normal finding. You may also be experiencing some inflamed hair follicles or irritation dermatitis caused by friction with frequent intercourse. Ensuring adequate lubrication may help if this is the cause.

Without direct examination I cannot say for sure that there is not an infection (STD or other) that may be causing the bumps. Other infections may include fungal (yeast) infection though this is rare in immunocompetent men.

I would suggest an evaluation if the bumps do not resolve soon.

Hope this helps.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us